- Collaborated in creating specialized subject headings for website searching for Harvard University’s “Open Collections Program: Women Working, 1800–1930 Project.” Kept track of which subject headings were useful, which were not being used and could be dropped, and what new subject headings should be added based on the needs of the collection.
- Prepared brittle books and serials to be microfilmed and digitized.
- Edited metadata structure for books after digitization was complete using the Page Delivery Service Maintenance System. Performed quality control, and verified access to digital objects.
- Scanned books and created PDFs using Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Converted PDFs into machine readable text for students with disabilities using OCR (ABBYY Fine Reader) software.
- Spell-checked and proofread electronic text created by OCR software; compared files to original PDFs to check accuracy.