Cataloging and Technical Services
- Searched for and brought in existing bibliographic records using OCLC Connexion, performed copy cataloging for single and multi-volume monographs, and serials with existing records.
- Processed course materials being placed on reserve at West Campus Library, maintained lists of courses with reserve materials, and made lists available online. Created temporary bibliographic and items records for reserve items without records.
- Added links to electronic resources including journal articles in databases, PDFs, and lecture videos in MediaMatrix to the online course reserve system. Verified access to online resources.
- Performed original cataloging for the NEH Brittle Books and Women Working projects at Harvard, for single and multi-volume monographs, serials, and pamphlets without existing records.
- As one of two catalogers on the yearlong HD/Aleph Reconciliation Project, corrected 18,000 item records for Widener materials at the Harvard Depository that made items impossible to request through the OPAC.
- Assigned call numbers using both the Library of Congress classification system and local classification systems.
- Processed arrival of Government Documents.
- Sent cataloged books back to their member libraries, sent book returns needing catalog review to appropriate workflow.
- Processed orders and receipt of materials for acquisitions. Entered information for items being ordered and assigned billing codes in Aleph Acquisitions Module. Forwarded hard copies of invoices for record keeping.
- Performed quality control of microfilm: checked negatives for missing pages, blurring, scratches, etc.